Friday, July 3, 2009

Ingram's Milkweed Cream



From this ad, from 1929:

"Look to my Mannequin. Study the six spots where lines and defects first appear. Then study your own skin, and you will realize the great importance of Milkweed's extra benefits.

"Aging little lines and imperfections are no respecters of youth, so I have selected for my mannequin this month, a girl on the under side of thirty. Her skin, like yours - no matter how few or how many your birthdays - depends upon health for its attraction. Guard well the six starred places - the column at the right tells how - and your skin will respond swiftly with new loveliness."

3 comments:

  1. I just found this site and must say,very nice!I love the 20's.I love old jars and found this cold cream jar at a thrift store and wanted to find out more about it.Its actually been around since about 1892-93.Very interesting ad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have found that jar! I always drive myself crazy wishing I could buy the products from these ads, or at least find some antique jars, etc. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a new water line put in and while digging they found this jar. It says Ingrams Milk Weed Cream and the jar has a patten number on it. I know nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete